Youngstown Renegade's Uncensored Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Youngstown Renegade's Uncensored Forum

Sports, movies, politics, music, and so much more

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Snow Day (Family)

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
YoungstownRenegade
Live Wild Die Proud:Renegade 4 Life
YoungstownRenegade

Snow Day (Family) Empty
PostSubject: Snow Day (Family)   Snow Day (Family) Icon_minitimeThu Jan 15, 2009 10:28 am

Snow Day (Family) 862519%7ESnow-Day-Video-Release-Posters

Last edited by YoungstownRenegade on Fri Jan 23, 2009 9:33 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1666897023
YoungstownRenegade
YoungstownRenegade

Snow Day (Family) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Snow Day (Family)   Snow Day (Family) Icon_minitimeThu Jan 15, 2009 10:31 am

Could not find a video on YouTube
Back to top Go down
YoungstownRenegade
YoungstownRenegade

Snow Day (Family) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Snow Day (Family)   Snow Day (Family) Icon_minitimeThu Jan 15, 2009 11:26 am

SNOW DAY MOVIE REVIEW
by YoungstownRenegade
B

Ok....this one was pretty easy to review but rather difficult to rate....This movie most certainly classifies as a family movie more so than a comedy but it has plenty of both features...What made it difficult to rate was that the movie suprisingly wasn't that bad, but it wasn't great either....so it deserves a solid C rating, right? WRONG.....I gave this movie a full grade higher than it may deserve simply because of how I rate movies.....based on their genre...this fitting into the family genre is what boosted the rating....It most certainly delivers as a good family movie for the whole family....that alone is worth the extra point or whatever....now as for the story....this movie is pretty basic...although it has plenty going on....it follows the typical mold of the Nickelodeon family movie but seems to do it rather well...there are four stories going on in this movie.....one for each of the main family members.....the easiest way to do this review is to break it down for you.....

1. Hal Brandston - This is the main character in this movie and he is the oldest sibling in the family. His story revolves around the fact that he has a crush on the popular girl in school and she has dumped her loser ex boyfriend....He spends the majority of the movie in a battle for Claire's heart with her ex as well as running from him too as he tries to pummel Hal for trying to get his girl...typical but watchable.....
SPOILER
Also in Hal's story his best friend, Lane Leonard, has a crush on Hal which she does not divulge till later in the story which leads him to choose between the hot girl Claire, who he actually wins the heart of, or best friend, tom boy but pretty in her own right Lane, who he ends up picking.....see predictable....

2. Natalie Brandston - She is the middle child in the family and definitely the second A story of the movie....Her story involves her having to lead the attack against the villian of the movie....Rodger the Snowplowman, who is without dout...the biggest bright spot of the movie, played by Chris Elliot who turns in a hillarious performance as the evil snowplowman who will do anything to ruin the children's chance at the coveted 2fer of snow days...His best friend is his pet crow that rides with him constantly and the scenes with snowplowman definitely rule the movie...

3. Tom Brandston - played by Chevy Chase is the father...as usual Chevy Chase lends watchability to the movie...he plays a weather man who is forced to act rediculous to get ratings because he's being beaten by a charismatic young weatherman....Chad Symmonz, played by John Schneider.....This is definitely a B story but most certainly one of the better stories in the movie....
SPOILERS
Tom ends up winning over Chad Symmonz by exposing that he knows nothing about weather and is just useing his charisma to win the ratings, not his actual knowledge of his job.....Pretty funny ending to this story...

4. Laura Brandston - played by Jean Smart which is suprisingly a pretty boring storyline and is definitely been used to death in previous stories....probably why it was the 2nd B story and the shortest and least used story in the movie....Laura is the mom and she is a workaholic....she's snowed in the house and can't go to her meeting so she's gonna have the meeting at home but coz her husband is out covering the weather....she has to babysit the youngest child, a bad little bastard of a child who....of course....causes michief galore....
SPOILER
and causes her to ruin her meeting when she decides she'd rather have fun with the little bastard......warm family moment cue studio audience...AHHHHHH.....ehh....

There is the school principal at the beginning they make out to look like he will be the movie's villian, but the villian ends up being snowplowman and the principal ends up being the goat, and the target of a thousand snowballs as the movie goes on...ya got kids....pick it up....family night....pick it up...bored......pick it up...I bought it thinking it was something else and was pissed when I found out it was a kids movie....so I decided to get my money's worth at least and watch it, and it wasn't bad.....I got a lot of movies so I may not ever watch it again...but I might pop it in to watch Snowplowman....that guy rules the movie....

Enjoy....any questions or comments....let me know....

Back to top Go down
metrocop0826
The Mighty Testacles
The Mighty Testacles
metrocop0826

Snow Day (Family) Empty
PostSubject: I Enjoyed this Movie Too   Snow Day (Family) Icon_minitimeFri Jan 16, 2009 8:02 am

I really like this movie too. In this movie Hal gives you someone to root for. Guys I know most of us have been there...trying to get the flyest girl around with no clue how to do it. Awesome movie all the way around. A definate must see for the fam fam.
Back to top Go down
YoungstownRenegade
YoungstownRenegade

Snow Day (Family) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Snow Day (Family)   Snow Day (Family) Icon_minitimeFri Jan 16, 2009 9:52 am

Yea, it definitely would be a great watch for families....It was corny...but it was Nickelodeon so....what do you expect....It's better than that shit they put on the N or on the Family Channel....
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Snow Day (Family) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Snow Day (Family)   Snow Day (Family) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Snow Day (Family)
Page 1 of 1