Youngstown Renegade's Uncensored Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Youngstown Renegade's Uncensored Forum

Sports, movies, politics, music, and so much more

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Gene discovery opens doors for cigarettes sans nicotine

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
YoungstownRenegade
Live Wild Die Proud:Renegade 4 Life
YoungstownRenegade

Gene discovery opens doors for cigarettes sans nicotine Empty
PostSubject: Gene discovery opens doors for cigarettes sans nicotine   Gene discovery opens doors for cigarettes sans nicotine Icon_minitimeThu Jan 22, 2009 9:47 am

London, Jan 21 : Taking a major
step towards creating nicotine-free cigarettes, Japanese scientists
have uncovered a gene that controls nicotine [color:1c58=blue ! important][color:1c58=blue ! important]transportation
from the roots of tobacco plants to their leaves.

LINK
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1666897023
YoungstownRenegade
YoungstownRenegade

PostSubject: Re: Gene discovery opens doors for cigarettes sans nicotine   Gene discovery opens doors for cigarettes sans nicotine Icon_minitimeThu Jan 22, 2009 9:49 am

When will they leave it alone.....they're a drug, we're addicted....now leave us alone....a cigarette w/o nicotine is like sex w/o intercourse....yea it's cool and all but we want the main event.....people are just intent to live our lives for us....well I say if you wanna live my life so badly....here it is....let's trade punk...
Back to top Go down
Worx4Me
Something Sassy
Something Sassy

PostSubject: Re: Gene discovery opens doors for cigarettes sans nicotine   Gene discovery opens doors for cigarettes sans nicotine Icon_minitimeThu Jan 22, 2009 9:51 am

You know, though...I'd like to try it. I have always wondered if I'm addicted to the nicotine or just the habit. Might be something to keep me alive for another year or so!
Back to top Go down
YoungstownRenegade
YoungstownRenegade

PostSubject: Re: Gene discovery opens doors for cigarettes sans nicotine   Gene discovery opens doors for cigarettes sans nicotine Icon_minitimeThu Jan 22, 2009 10:03 am

Worx4Me wrote:
You know, though...I'd like to try it. I have always wondered if I'm addicted to the nicotine or just the habit. Might be something to keep me alive for another year or so!

You never tried the Eclipse cigarettes they came out with a couple years back...85% odorless...and reduced second hand smoke by 80% or some garbage like that....plus they didn't burn...you lit them and they heated the tobacco...they were kinda cool but it was more proof that we should stick with what we got....I love cigarettes the way they are...

Eclipse Cigarette Wikipedia Page LINK

Gene discovery opens doors for cigarettes sans nicotine Eclipse-cigarettes
Back to top Go down
Worx4Me
Something Sassy
Something Sassy

PostSubject: Re: Gene discovery opens doors for cigarettes sans nicotine   Gene discovery opens doors for cigarettes sans nicotine Icon_minitimeThu Jan 22, 2009 10:05 am

Never heard of them... Sometimes it really sucks not living in tobacco country!
Back to top Go down
YoungstownRenegade
YoungstownRenegade

PostSubject: Re: Gene discovery opens doors for cigarettes sans nicotine   Gene discovery opens doors for cigarettes sans nicotine Icon_minitimeThu Jan 22, 2009 10:09 am

Worx4Me wrote:
Never heard of them... Sometimes it really sucks not living in tobacco country!

lol! I think they still sell them at select locations...kinda like my beloved Kamel Reds....I think they stopped production and sell what they have left and since cigarettes don't really go bad....I'd check it out if you like...last place I saw to regularly sell them was Rite Aid...you got a Rite Aid near you? Ask them about em...
Back to top Go down
Worx4Me
Something Sassy
Something Sassy

PostSubject: Re: Gene discovery opens doors for cigarettes sans nicotine   Gene discovery opens doors for cigarettes sans nicotine Icon_minitimeThu Jan 22, 2009 10:12 am

No Rite Aids for sure within 200miles. We have even lost all of our Smoke Shops and even the TJ Cigarro's. The place kicked some major butt!
Back to top Go down
YoungstownRenegade
YoungstownRenegade

PostSubject: Re: Gene discovery opens doors for cigarettes sans nicotine   Gene discovery opens doors for cigarettes sans nicotine Icon_minitimeThu Jan 22, 2009 10:16 am

Must suck living there....... No
Back to top Go down
Worx4Me
Something Sassy
Something Sassy

PostSubject: Re: Gene discovery opens doors for cigarettes sans nicotine   Gene discovery opens doors for cigarettes sans nicotine Icon_minitimeThu Jan 22, 2009 10:17 am

Well, I can still get my Marlboro Lights for around $30 a carton, so...
Back to top Go down
YoungstownRenegade
YoungstownRenegade

PostSubject: Re: Gene discovery opens doors for cigarettes sans nicotine   Gene discovery opens doors for cigarettes sans nicotine Icon_minitimeThu Jan 22, 2009 10:18 am

Worx4Me wrote:
Well, I can still get my Marlboro Lights for around $30 a carton, so...

eh....not bad....not bad at all when I'm paying 49 a carton for Kamel Reds but they are a special purchace after all
Back to top Go down
Worx4Me
Something Sassy
Something Sassy

PostSubject: Re: Gene discovery opens doors for cigarettes sans nicotine   Gene discovery opens doors for cigarettes sans nicotine Icon_minitimeThu Jan 22, 2009 10:29 am

Only at Mini Mart....LOL!
Back to top Go down
RipperEagle
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Gene discovery opens doors for cigarettes sans nicotine   Gene discovery opens doors for cigarettes sans nicotine Icon_minitimeThu Jan 22, 2009 7:18 pm

Very interesting stuff.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/RipperEagle96?feature=mhee
jpcedotal
Minion
Minion
jpcedotal

PostSubject: Re: Gene discovery opens doors for cigarettes sans nicotine   Gene discovery opens doors for cigarettes sans nicotine Icon_minitimeFri Jan 23, 2009 4:48 am

I was a Marlboro 100 smoker and I still light one up if I am out drinking with friends. I never got real addicted to them though. I think at my best (worst), I smoked a pack every 2 days. I personally believe for me it was the combination of habit and nicotine. There were certain times during the day that I smoked and when it got close all I had to have was a passing thought and WHAM nicotine would kick in and I would have to light up.

I will say this, once a smoker always a smoker. No matter how long you put them down, the urge is always there to light one up after a good meal, stressful times, or really really really good sex (could use some of that, btw).

It's the act of feeding the nicotine addiction that calms us down so I don't see how in the hell a "nicotine-less" cig is gonna do much....but I have been wrong before.
Back to top Go down
Miamivette
Dolphin Goddess
Dolphin Goddess

PostSubject: Re: Gene discovery opens doors for cigarettes sans nicotine   Gene discovery opens doors for cigarettes sans nicotine Icon_minitimeFri Jan 23, 2009 5:31 am

I don't want to get fat so I'm still lighting up in the privacy of my pool cage.... I don't smoke in public .
Nice to see you here JP. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
YoungstownRenegade
YoungstownRenegade

PostSubject: Re: Gene discovery opens doors for cigarettes sans nicotine   Gene discovery opens doors for cigarettes sans nicotine Icon_minitimeFri Jan 23, 2009 8:49 am

jpcedotal wrote:
I was a Marlboro 100 smoker and I still light one up if I am out drinking with friends. I never got real addicted to them though. I think at my best (worst), I smoked a pack every 2 days. I personally believe for me it was the combination of habit and nicotine. There were certain times during the day that I smoked and when it got close all I had to have was a passing thought and WHAM nicotine would kick in and I would have to light up.

I will say this, once a smoker always a smoker. No matter how long you put them down, the urge is always there to light one up after a good meal, stressful times, or really really really good sex (could use some of that, btw).

It's the act of feeding the nicotine addiction that calms us down so I don't see how in the hell a "nicotine-less" cig is gonna do much....but I have been wrong before.

Oh that is soooo true.....
Back to top Go down
YoungstownRenegade
YoungstownRenegade

PostSubject: Re: Gene discovery opens doors for cigarettes sans nicotine   Gene discovery opens doors for cigarettes sans nicotine Icon_minitimeFri Jan 23, 2009 8:51 am

Miamivette wrote:
I don't want to get fat so I'm still lighting up in the privacy of my pool cage.... I don't smoke in public .
Nice to see you here JP. Very Happy

They make it worse for themselves by bitching and whining "make a law...make a law...i don't like it so you can't do it" Makes people like me wanna do it more...and why shouldn't I be able to in the right place....the right place is becoming to few and far between...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Gene discovery opens doors for cigarettes sans nicotine   Gene discovery opens doors for cigarettes sans nicotine Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Gene discovery opens doors for cigarettes sans nicotine
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Youngstown Renegade's Uncensored Forum :: Youngstown Renegade's Channel 11 News-
Jump to: