Youngstown Renegade's Uncensored Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Youngstown Renegade's Uncensored Forum

Sports, movies, politics, music, and so much more

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Will Guantanamo Bay prisoners wind up in Kansas?

Go down 
+2
Worx4Me
YoungstownRenegade
6 posters
AuthorMessage
YoungstownRenegade
Live Wild Die Proud:Renegade 4 Life
YoungstownRenegade

Will Guantanamo Bay prisoners wind up in Kansas? Empty
PostSubject: Will Guantanamo Bay prisoners wind up in Kansas?   Will Guantanamo Bay prisoners wind up in Kansas? Icon_minitimeFri Jan 23, 2009 11:25 am

President Barack Obama on Thursday signed an
executive order to close Guantanamo Bay within a year. But where will
its approximately 250 prisoners wind up?
Not in Kansas, if Gov. Kathleen Sebelius and U.S. Sen. Sam Brownback can help it.
LINK
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1666897023
YoungstownRenegade
YoungstownRenegade

PostSubject: Re: Will Guantanamo Bay prisoners wind up in Kansas?   Will Guantanamo Bay prisoners wind up in Kansas? Icon_minitimeFri Jan 23, 2009 11:25 am

Thoughts?
Back to top Go down
Worx4Me
Something Sassy
Something Sassy

PostSubject: Re: Will Guantanamo Bay prisoners wind up in Kansas?   Will Guantanamo Bay prisoners wind up in Kansas? Icon_minitimeFri Jan 23, 2009 11:29 am

Personally? I say keep the friggen thing open. They are there for a reason. As far as the "torture" goes...F* 'em all. Do you know how bad other countries tortured OUR people all those years after capture? Screw that!
Back to top Go down
YoungstownRenegade
YoungstownRenegade

PostSubject: Re: Will Guantanamo Bay prisoners wind up in Kansas?   Will Guantanamo Bay prisoners wind up in Kansas? Icon_minitimeFri Jan 23, 2009 11:34 am

Worx4Me wrote:
Personally? I say keep the friggen thing open. They are there for a reason. As far as the "torture" goes...F* 'em all. Do you know how bad other countries tortured OUR people all those years after capture? Screw that!

+1,000,000
Back to top Go down
Miamivette
Dolphin Goddess
Dolphin Goddess

PostSubject: Re: Will Guantanamo Bay prisoners wind up in Kansas?   Will Guantanamo Bay prisoners wind up in Kansas? Icon_minitimeFri Jan 23, 2009 12:14 pm

Ditto
Back to top Go down
RipperEagle
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Will Guantanamo Bay prisoners wind up in Kansas?   Will Guantanamo Bay prisoners wind up in Kansas? Icon_minitimeFri Jan 23, 2009 6:34 pm

I agree with Worx. Did they actually think this through when they decided to close it?
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/RipperEagle96?feature=mhee
YoungstownRenegade
YoungstownRenegade

PostSubject: Re: Will Guantanamo Bay prisoners wind up in Kansas?   Will Guantanamo Bay prisoners wind up in Kansas? Icon_minitimeFri Jan 23, 2009 6:37 pm

RipperEagle wrote:
I agree with Worx. Did they actually think this through when they decided to close it?

I'm sure they did...Democrats believe in treating everyone like equals...including criminals and terrorists...they believe everything has to be humane....which is utter bullshit....THESE ARE THE ASSHOLES WHO ATTACKED US ON 9/11 WTF MAN
Back to top Go down
RipperEagle
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Will Guantanamo Bay prisoners wind up in Kansas?   Will Guantanamo Bay prisoners wind up in Kansas? Icon_minitimeFri Jan 23, 2009 7:05 pm

YoungstownRenegade wrote:
RipperEagle wrote:

I'm sure they did...Democrats believe in treating everyone like equals...including criminals and terrorists...they believe everything has to be humane....which is utter bullshit....THESE ARE THE ASSHOLES WHO ATTACKED US ON 9/11 WTF MAN

I agree man. I don't know why they thought this was a good idea. Let's make things nicer for them.

Typical government way.
Back to top Go down
YoungstownRenegade
YoungstownRenegade

PostSubject: Re: Will Guantanamo Bay prisoners wind up in Kansas?   Will Guantanamo Bay prisoners wind up in Kansas? Icon_minitimeFri Jan 23, 2009 7:08 pm

I think Barack will make a lot of good decisions but he's not off to the most promising start....however most people like this decision because we've been brainwashed to feel that way....it's hard to brainwash us...right Ripper...?
Back to top Go down
RipperEagle
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Will Guantanamo Bay prisoners wind up in Kansas?   Will Guantanamo Bay prisoners wind up in Kansas? Icon_minitimeFri Jan 23, 2009 7:10 pm

I think Barack will make a lot of good decisions but he's not off to the most promising start....however most people like this decision because we've been brainwashed to feel that way....it's hard to brainwash us...right Ripper...?

The government will never brainwash me. Fuck them.

Oh wait, were you being sarcastic? LOL!
Back to top Go down
YoungstownRenegade
YoungstownRenegade

PostSubject: Re: Will Guantanamo Bay prisoners wind up in Kansas?   Will Guantanamo Bay prisoners wind up in Kansas? Icon_minitimeFri Jan 23, 2009 7:15 pm

RipperEagle wrote:

The government will never brainwash me. Fuck them.

Oh wait, were you being sarcastic? LOL!

Will Guantanamo Bay prisoners wind up in Kansas? 1057953433_stevenhyde

No, I was being serious.... lol!
Back to top Go down
RipperEagle
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Will Guantanamo Bay prisoners wind up in Kansas?   Will Guantanamo Bay prisoners wind up in Kansas? Icon_minitimeFri Jan 23, 2009 7:17 pm

Hyde...

Dude... lol!
Back to top Go down
YoungstownRenegade
YoungstownRenegade

PostSubject: Re: Will Guantanamo Bay prisoners wind up in Kansas?   Will Guantanamo Bay prisoners wind up in Kansas? Icon_minitimeFri Jan 23, 2009 7:21 pm

Well.........
Back to top Go down
YoungstownRenegade
YoungstownRenegade

PostSubject: Re: Will Guantanamo Bay prisoners wind up in Kansas?   Will Guantanamo Bay prisoners wind up in Kansas? Icon_minitimeSun Jan 25, 2009 5:16 pm

Issue of terrorists' rights to test Obama's pledge

WASHINGTON – President Barack Obama's pledge of bipartisan cooperation with Congress will be tested as he tries to fulfill a campaign promise to close Guantanamo Bay and establish a new system for prosecuting suspected terrorists.
The
undertaking is an ambitious one. Fraught with legal complexities, it
gives Republicans ample opportunity to score political points if he
doesn't get it right. There's also the liklihood of a run-in with his
former rival, Sen. John McCain, a former prisoner of war who before running for president staked his career on overhauling the nation's detainee policies.

LINK
Figured I'd just put this in here....
Back to top Go down
jpcedotal
Minion
Minion
jpcedotal

PostSubject: Re: Will Guantanamo Bay prisoners wind up in Kansas?   Will Guantanamo Bay prisoners wind up in Kansas? Icon_minitimeMon Jan 26, 2009 6:41 am

I have been listening to a lot of FoxNews about this (absolutely refuse to listen to CNBC) and I am not sure I even know what it is all about. Still trying to find an unbias description of exactly what this place was and what was done inside and what good/bad was the result. I did see a clip where McCain also said Guato Bay had outlived its usefulness.
Back to top Go down
YoungstownRenegade
YoungstownRenegade

PostSubject: Re: Will Guantanamo Bay prisoners wind up in Kansas?   Will Guantanamo Bay prisoners wind up in Kansas? Icon_minitimeMon Jan 26, 2009 8:28 am

On one hand you have the issue of the prisoners being tortured and this and that....on that I disagree...I say torture the hell out of them....then you have the issue of the fact that 1. This place is in fucking Cuba and 2. It costs too much money to keep it going....He's not shutting it down completely....the military will still be there....the detention facility will be moved...unfortunately...it will be to somewhere where terrorists are treated to gumdrop forests and basic cable TV..... No
Back to top Go down
metrocop0826
The Mighty Testacles
The Mighty Testacles
metrocop0826

PostSubject: Give the Man a Chance   Will Guantanamo Bay prisoners wind up in Kansas? Icon_minitimeMon Jan 26, 2009 1:26 pm

Everyone's got such a hard on for torturing terrorists. What has that really accomplished in 7 years in the war on terror? I know as a former combat veteran it has accomplished zero. We're still getting blown up by insurgents in Iraq and Afghanistan. I'm for anything that's going to produce progress. Since the detention facility was a waste of money and resources (i.e. personnel, equipment, and most of all valuable time.) Why try to ice skate up hill. The question has to be asked what were they doing at Getmo? Why were we doing it? No one knows all the facts of the issue at hand and the reliance on the media is our problem as a nation. I tell you this the easiest way to learn about the war on terror is to talk to the men and women that fight it on a daily basis. Sure these terrorists are "enemies of the state" but I can guarantee that none of us can clearly state what each and every terrorist was detained for at Getmo. Until we can gather knowledge for ourselves and make intelligent decisions on our own with out the help of the media we will really never know the whole truth and can affect little change. It's no secret that we as a nation are getting more and more ignorant and I find it funny how everyone can complain about the government making decisions but can't describe why the government makes those kinds of decisions with out relying on CNN or Fox News.
Back to top Go down
YoungstownRenegade
YoungstownRenegade

PostSubject: Re: Will Guantanamo Bay prisoners wind up in Kansas?   Will Guantanamo Bay prisoners wind up in Kansas? Icon_minitimeMon Jan 26, 2009 1:49 pm

metrocop0826 wrote:
Everyone's got such a hard on for torturing terrorists. What has that really accomplished in 7 years in the war on terror? I know as a former combat veteran it has accomplished zero. We're still getting blown up by insurgents in Iraq and Afghanistan. I'm for anything that's going to produce progress. Since the detention facility was a waste of money and resources (i.e. personnel, equipment, and most of all valuable time.) Why try to ice skate up hill. The question has to be asked what were they doing at Getmo? Why were we doing it? No one knows all the facts of the issue at hand and the reliance on the media is our problem as a nation. I tell you this the easiest way to learn about the war on terror is to talk to the men and women that fight it on a daily basis. Sure these terrorists are "enemies of the state" but I can guarantee that none of us can clearly state what each and every terrorist was detained for at Getmo. Until we can gather knowledge for ourselves and make intelligent decisions on our own with out the help of the media we will really never know the whole truth and can affect little change. It's no secret that we as a nation are getting more and more ignorant and I find it funny how everyone can complain about the government making decisions but can't describe why the government makes those kinds of decisions with out relying on CNN or Fox News.

He brings up some good points guys.... Neutral
Back to top Go down
RipperEagle
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Will Guantanamo Bay prisoners wind up in Kansas?   Will Guantanamo Bay prisoners wind up in Kansas? Icon_minitimeMon Jan 26, 2009 5:22 pm

Definitely. Metro should know unlike the high power wielding clowns of the government, who just sit and watch on a TV set.
Back to top Go down
YoungstownRenegade
YoungstownRenegade

PostSubject: Re: Will Guantanamo Bay prisoners wind up in Kansas?   Will Guantanamo Bay prisoners wind up in Kansas? Icon_minitimeMon Jan 26, 2009 6:20 pm

RipperEagle wrote:
Definitely. Metro should know unlike the high power wielding clowns of the government, who just sit and watch on a TV set.

Exactly.. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Will Guantanamo Bay prisoners wind up in Kansas?   Will Guantanamo Bay prisoners wind up in Kansas? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Will Guantanamo Bay prisoners wind up in Kansas?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Youngstown Renegade's Uncensored Forum :: Youngstown Renegade's Channel 11 News-
Jump to: