Youngstown Renegade's Uncensored Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Youngstown Renegade's Uncensored Forum

Sports, movies, politics, music, and so much more

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The Marijuana Debate

Go down 
5 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Should marijuana be legalized?
Yes
The Marijuana Debate - Page 2 Vote_lcap75%The Marijuana Debate - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 75% [ 6 ]
No
The Marijuana Debate - Page 2 Vote_lcap25%The Marijuana Debate - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 25% [ 2 ]
I Don't Know
The Marijuana Debate - Page 2 Vote_lcap0%The Marijuana Debate - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 8

AuthorMessage
YoungstownRenegade
Live Wild Die Proud:Renegade 4 Life
YoungstownRenegade

The Marijuana Debate - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Marijuana Debate   The Marijuana Debate - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 30, 2009 10:51 am

Worx4Me wrote:
metrocop0826 wrote:
I think you just want unconditional freedom because that's what you'd be getting in a sense with legallizing marijuana. Crime is bad now...it'll be worse when the #1 inhibitor blocker is legal. That's been my whole point. As far as being judged for taking someone's freedom away I do that everyday because they can't be trusted with it. And at the end of days if I'm judged for it so be it. I know that I've done the best I can to make this small peice of land known as Savannah, Ga as safe as possible for everyone that lives and visits here. I work hard to do that and I take alot of pride in it. If I've been brainwashed oh well. I know that what I'm doing....not alot of people are not willing to do...and they have their reasons but they have a right to their safety and security and to pursue happiness.

I wouldn't say unconditional freedom, Metro. I'm actually kind of on your side, although I'm playing bad cop right now. I don't think anything positive would come out of decriminalizing marijuana, but I really don't see the positives of alcohol decriminalization, either. All that did was slow down the bootleggers. Maybe this would keep down the dealers. I don't know.

As somebody eventually getting into law enforcement, I know that I'll have to pick up some people for this (not much in my state, though). I know for a fact that I will have to pick up 5 times the same amount of people for alcohol related incidents.

Now: I make my own homeade wine every year with different fruits and flowers. I go to the bar on occasion (but I only live 3 blocks away and can walk home.)
I HAVE been picked up (and let off on) a DUI charge after drinking 2 beers. I look at my friends in the guard that smoke pot and wonder what the equivilant of my 2 beers in joints would have been. (By the way, I wasn't driving recklessly, somebody ran a corner and it was icy...I couldn't stop although I only hit her pickup at about 2 mph, according to the sheriff's report.)

All I'm doing is heating up (or trying to) the debate so that I can actually get a better feel of what the heck the difference is between alcohol and marijuana. I know the brain's effects. I wanna know what makes marijuana so much worse than alcohol (and remember, I don't use...)

The answer is decades of ilegalization....that's all...we have been conditioned as a society to see alcohol as bad but not too bad and marijuana as this black death that if you touch it you die....i hate to use the word but it fits....brainwashing....
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1666897023
metrocop0826
The Mighty Testacles
The Mighty Testacles
metrocop0826

PostSubject: Re: The Marijuana Debate   The Marijuana Debate - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 30, 2009 10:56 am

YoungstownRenegade wrote:
metrocop0826 wrote:
I think you just want unconditional freedom because that's what you'd be getting in a sense with legallizing marijuana. Crime is bad now...it'll be worse when the #1 inhibitor blocker is legal. That's been my whole point. As far as being judged for taking someone's freedom away I do that everyday because they can't be trusted with it. And at the end of days if I'm judged for it so be it. I know that I've done the best I can to make this small peice of land known as Savannah, Ga as safe as possible for everyone that lives and visits here. I work hard to do that and I take alot of pride in it. If I've been brainwashed oh well. I know that what I'm doing....not alot of people are not willing to do...and they have their reasons but they have a right to their safety and security and to pursue happiness.

Ima need to see some proof of this one...coz right now...I'm calling BULLSHIT....someone needs to prove to me that more Americans are under the influence of marijuana than that of alcohol....And are you gonna tell me that the skeevy stoners give you more of a hassle than the drunk off their ass boozers....somehow I doubt that...Some people just aren't making the alcohol connection here....Legalize marijuana and you stop the protests....and has anyone thought that just maybe a lot of people use pot STRICTLY because it's ileagal?....Rebel theory people....

You're not going to find on paper. But I've seen more drunks...to my surprise do and make far more logical decisions than some that 's baked. It's not a matter of numbers as who's on fucked up on what. The effects of pot are more influential on the brain that makes it more of an inhibitor blocker. It was a more of an opinion anyway. I wasn't trying to present it as a fact. My opinion is based on my accounts of what I have to do on a daily basis.
Back to top Go down
YoungstownRenegade
YoungstownRenegade

PostSubject: Re: The Marijuana Debate   The Marijuana Debate - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 30, 2009 11:10 am

metrocop0826 wrote:
metrocop0826 wrote:

Ima need to see some proof of this one...coz right now...I'm calling BULLSHIT....someone needs to prove to me that more Americans are under the influence of marijuana than that of alcohol....And are you gonna tell me that the skeevy stoners give you more of a hassle than the drunk off their ass boozers....somehow I doubt that...Some people just aren't making the alcohol connection here....Legalize marijuana and you stop the protests....and has anyone thought that just maybe a lot of people use pot STRICTLY because it's ileagal?....Rebel theory people....

You're not going to find on paper. But I've seen more drunks...to my surprise do and make far more logical decisions than some that 's baked. It's not a matter of numbers as who's on fucked up on what. The effects of pot are more influential on the brain that makes it more of an inhibitor blocker. It was a more of an opinion anyway. I wasn't trying to present it as a fact. My opinion is based on my accounts of what I have to do on a daily basis.

Ok...fair enough...but I'm still not sold...I won't be told what I can and cannot do by some rich fuck who has never walked a mile in my shoes nor in anyone like me's shoes...I was given life and I believe I have to live it MY way, not some rich dink's way...And did you ever consider that since the ads against marijuana are sooooo embelished and some even downright lie, that maybe not everything you were taught was the truth....what makes the gov't and professors and such lie proof...nothing...just because they are educated doesn't mean they wont lie to suit their needs or the needs of the "higher authority"....If I told you that I was an expert on the effects of calories and had degrees and shit to back it up, then you'd believe everything I say?....That degree doesn't make me unable to lie about the effects of calories...I just refuse to believe everything the gov't tells me coz they've been caught lying OH SO MANY TIMES....

And how about this for a solution to cater to both sides of the argument....sign a bill legalizing marijuana for 5 years, after 5 years the bill needs renewed...that gives this country 5 years to see if I'm right and if not....don't renew...if I am...renew....oh and HA!!!!.....You know what the problem with my solution is?...Here's the funny part...the problem is this...while the people for the legalization would be willing to try my plan....maybe not you persay, but your side in general would pitch a bitch fit...how do I know? Smoking laws...smokers have been willing to compromise for years so both sides get a little of their way but non smokers....BITCH FIT....It had to be ALL their way or WAH WAH WAH....and that is why even thought the old smoking laws of....oh....2 years ago were fair for both sides...we have it this way instead...because we didn't bitch and moan and were willing to compromise...the other side wasn't....FUCKING LIBERALS!!!!!....funny...they're called liberals but they are against freedom and liberty for the citizens of the country....IRONIC? Maybe.....
Back to top Go down
KtoLV
Minion
Minion
KtoLV

PostSubject: Re: The Marijuana Debate   The Marijuana Debate - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 05, 2009 5:42 pm

They really ought to legalize it. The law is outdated. It was outdated at the same time that alcohol and coke was. There was a black market on alcohol, so the govt let that back in. There's been a huge black market on pot too. Tobacco companies are the ones that lobbied heavily against it. Far as I know, smoke isn't addictive like tobacco. I mean, I smoked for years and I don't have a deep yearning need for it.

I am of the opinion that we need to legalize coke too. We spend to much money and put to many people in jail to fight it. Maybe if it was legal, it would keep people off of meth. Meth is 100 times more harmful to your body than coke. IMO if legalizing coke would get a large percentage of meth users off of meth, then legalize it.
Back to top Go down
YoungstownRenegade
YoungstownRenegade

PostSubject: Re: The Marijuana Debate   The Marijuana Debate - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 05, 2009 6:34 pm

KtoLV wrote:
They really ought to legalize it. The law is outdated. It was outdated at the same time that alcohol and coke was. There was a black market on alcohol, so the govt let that back in. There's been a huge black market on pot too. Tobacco companies are the ones that lobbied heavily against it. Far as I know, smoke isn't addictive like tobacco. I mean, I smoked for years and I don't have a deep yearning need for it.

I am of the opinion that we need to legalize coke too. We spend to much money and put to many people in jail to fight it. Maybe if it was legal, it would keep people off of meth. Meth is 100 times more harmful to your body than coke. IMO if legalizing coke would get a large percentage of meth users off of meth, then legalize it.

I've always supported the legalization of coke.....That's just me...we'll probably ruffle a lot of feathers with that one though....
Back to top Go down
KtoLV
Minion
Minion
KtoLV

PostSubject: Re: The Marijuana Debate   The Marijuana Debate - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 05, 2009 10:51 pm

This would do 2 things YTR. It would stop the stupid ass government from spending so much money fighting it, and it would not destroy so many lives as a lot of people are in jail from charges stemming from illegal drugs.
Back to top Go down
metrocop0826
The Mighty Testacles
The Mighty Testacles
metrocop0826

PostSubject: Re: The Marijuana Debate   The Marijuana Debate - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 16, 2011 1:47 am

Yea, but just because it "doesn't affect positive change" people shouldn't be given the freedom to choose?....I'm sorry, I can't grasp that...cell phones, alcohol, cigarettes, soda, etc...these things don't affect positive change so we shouldn't have them...?....We're gonna have to deal with it weather it's legal or not, so wouldn't it be easier to legalize it...?

Couple of rebuttles about the things you listed. Even though my view has changed on this matter. Cell phones have made communication much easier this day and age. Some alcohol like wine benefits heart and cardiovascular health and Coca Cola has settled many an upset stomach in it's day. So to some degree those have positive impact on society. I say legalize marijuana now because it's a huge waste of resources not to. I still feel it will have a negative effect on society however that largely depends how many people use and what the terms of laws governing its regulation.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Marijuana Debate   The Marijuana Debate - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Marijuana Debate
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Youngstown Renegade's Uncensored Forum :: Youngstown Renegade's Channel 11 News-
Jump to: