Youngstown Renegade's Uncensored Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Youngstown Renegade's Uncensored Forum

Sports, movies, politics, music, and so much more

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Good Samaritan ticketed

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Battleredtexan
The Prophet
The Prophet
Battleredtexan

Good Samaritan ticketed Empty
PostSubject: Good Samaritan ticketed   Good Samaritan ticketed Icon_minitimeThu Feb 26, 2009 10:56 am

What the Hell!

Injured good Samaritan ticketed for jaywalking

Thu Feb 26, 7:34 am ETDENVER – A good Samaritan who helped push three people out of the path of a pickup truck before being struck and injured has gotten a strange reward for his good deed: A jaywalking ticket.

Family members said 58-year-old bus driver Jim Moffett and another man were helping two elderly women cross a busy Denver street in a snowstorm when he was hit Friday night.

Moffett suffered bleeding in the brain, broken bones, a dislocated shoulder and a possible ruptured spleen. He was in serious but stable condition Wednesday.

The Colorado State Patrol issued the citation. Trooper Ryan Sullivan said that despite Moffett's intentions, jaywalking contributed to the accident.

Moffett had been driving his bus when the two women got off. In the interest of safety, he got out and, together with another passenger, helped the ladies cross.

Moffett's stepson, Ken McDonald, said the driver of the pickup plowed into his stepfather, but not before Moffett pushed the two women out of the way.

When he awoke in intensive care, he learned of the ticket. "His reaction was dazed and confused. I was a little angry," said McDonald.

The other man also was cited for jaywalking, while the pickup driver was cited with careless driving that led to injury. Sullivan said the two elderly women haven't been cited but the investigation is ongoing.
Back to top Go down
http://Battlerednation.com
YoungstownRenegade
Live Wild Die Proud:Renegade 4 Life
YoungstownRenegade

PostSubject: Re: Good Samaritan ticketed   Good Samaritan ticketed Icon_minitimeThu Feb 26, 2009 11:24 am

This is what's wrong with the country today....either this cop was new on the job and didn't want to get in trouble, or he was trying to meet a quota....this should have been overlooked...and JAYWALKING!!!???? Damn...who gets cited for that shit these days?
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1666897023
RipperEagle
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Good Samaritan ticketed   Good Samaritan ticketed Icon_minitimeThu Feb 26, 2009 5:57 pm

Anything in order to get a ticket or make some money for the city.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/RipperEagle96?feature=mhee
YoungstownRenegade
YoungstownRenegade

PostSubject: Re: Good Samaritan ticketed   Good Samaritan ticketed Icon_minitimeThu Feb 26, 2009 9:04 pm

RipperEagle wrote:
Anything in order to get a ticket or make some money for the city.

That's about the tall and short of it.... Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down
Worx4Me
Something Sassy
Something Sassy

PostSubject: Re: Good Samaritan ticketed   Good Samaritan ticketed Icon_minitimeFri Feb 27, 2009 6:28 am

I'm so glad I live in a town with no cops.

And if you're gonna give out tickets for this, where are the tickets for the 2 little old ladies? Hell, they started it in the first place, right?
Back to top Go down
YoungstownRenegade
YoungstownRenegade

PostSubject: Re: Good Samaritan ticketed   Good Samaritan ticketed Icon_minitimeFri Feb 27, 2009 7:00 am

No cops? Where the hell has no cops? I wanna live there.....
Back to top Go down
Worx4Me
Something Sassy
Something Sassy

PostSubject: Re: Good Samaritan ticketed   Good Samaritan ticketed Icon_minitimeFri Feb 27, 2009 2:59 pm

ummmm....Marion, ND. Although we do have county cops (sheriff's office). We have 1 sheriff and 2 deputies who spread their time on call...usually 2 per day and 1 every night. If you google LaMoure County in ND, you will see that one deputy at night is not exactly wonderful if you're getting robbed, because the cop could be 50 miles from you at any given time.

The up side of it is that we don't have the harassment that other towns have all the time. I don't have to worry about a jaywalking ticket (although they'd get laughed at if they gave one out here, as there aren't many sidewalks!!).
Back to top Go down
YoungstownRenegade
YoungstownRenegade

PostSubject: Re: Good Samaritan ticketed   Good Samaritan ticketed Icon_minitimeFri Feb 27, 2009 7:55 pm

There's good and bad to it....I can see both sides honestly.....
Back to top Go down
RipperEagle
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Good Samaritan ticketed   Good Samaritan ticketed Icon_minitimeSat Feb 28, 2009 4:49 am

Some law is good I suppose. No law is nice, but then again, it can always get ugly.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/RipperEagle96?feature=mhee
metrocop0826
The Mighty Testacles
The Mighty Testacles
metrocop0826

PostSubject: You never know   Good Samaritan ticketed Icon_minitimeThu Mar 19, 2009 7:44 am

Although I wouldn't have cited the man myself....I can see why he did. And what's to say that some prick police lieutenant didn't just chew his ass for not citing people on accident scenes (personal experience). I know....I know have some balls right? Yeah but I doubt anyone would be willing to pay this man's bills while he's serving a suspension without pay. Love us or hate us.....not the job for everyone. As far as quotas go....those are only found in cities with low crime rates typically. Most of us are too busy dealing with robbery, burglary, dope, domestic violence to be worried about a citation quota. Even when a police department has quotas it's only for specialized police units like traffic, whose primary mission....is......you guessed it.....traffic.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Good Samaritan ticketed   Good Samaritan ticketed Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Good Samaritan ticketed
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Youngstown Renegade's Uncensored Forum :: Youngstown Renegade's Channel 11 News-
Jump to: