Youngstown Renegade's Uncensored Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Youngstown Renegade's Uncensored Forum

Sports, movies, politics, music, and so much more

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Favorite Movies Thread

Go down 
+2
Miamivette
YoungstownRenegade
6 posters
AuthorMessage
YoungstownRenegade
Live Wild Die Proud:Renegade 4 Life
YoungstownRenegade

Favorite Movies Thread Empty
PostSubject: Favorite Movies Thread   Favorite Movies Thread Icon_minitimeMon Mar 24, 2008 10:06 am

Post your favorite movies here in this thread....

SCARFACE

Scarface is a 1983 film directed by Brian De Palma, written by Oliver Stone and starring Al Pacino as Antonio "Tony" Montana. A loose remake of the 1932 Howard Hawks gangster film of the same title, it tells the story of a fictional Cuban refugee, who comes to Florida in 1980 as a result of the Mariel Boatlift.

Montana becomes a gangster against the backdrop of the 1980s cocaine boom. The film chronicles his rise to the top of Miami's criminal underworld and subsequent downfall in Greek tragedy fashion. The film is dedicated to Howard Hawks and Ben Hecht, who were the writers of the original Scarface.

Scarface at Wikipedia

Last edited by YoungstownRenegade on Tue Nov 04, 2008 9:29 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1666897023
YoungstownRenegade
YoungstownRenegade

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Movies Thread   Favorite Movies Thread Icon_minitimeMon Mar 24, 2008 10:08 am

SOUTH PARK : BIGGER LONGER AND UNCUT

South Park: Bigger, Longer & Uncut is an Academy Award-nominated animated satirical comedy/musical film released in 1999 and based on the animated television series South Park. The film parodies animated Disney films such as Beauty and the Beast and the Broadway musical Les Misérables, as well as parodying the controversy surrounding itself. It features 12 songs by Trey Parker and Marc Shaiman with additional lyrics by Matt Stone. The song "Blame Canada" was nominated for an Academy Award.

South Park Movie at Wikipedia

Back to top Go down
YoungstownRenegade
YoungstownRenegade

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Movies Thread   Favorite Movies Thread Icon_minitimeMon Mar 24, 2008 10:16 am

TERMINATOR 2 : JUDGMENT DAY

Terminator 2: Judgment Day, commonly abbreviated as T2, is a 1991 action/science fiction film directed, co-written and co-produced by James Cameron. It stars Arnold Schwarzenegger, Linda Hamilton, Edward Furlong and Robert Patrick. It picks up around ten years after the events of The Terminator, and follows Sarah Connor, her 10-year-old son John, and a protector from the future (as in the first film), as they try to prevent Judgment Day, a day in the future when machines will begin to exterminate the human race.

T2 was a significant box office and critical success. It had an impact on popular culture, and is considered by many to be hugely influential in the genres of action and science fiction.[1] The film's visual effects include many breakthroughs in computer-generated special effects, marking the first use of natural human motion for a CG character and the first computer generated main character.[2] The film won several awards including four Academy Awards for makeup, sound mixing, sound editing and visual effects.

T2 at Wikipedia

Back to top Go down
YoungstownRenegade
YoungstownRenegade

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Movies Thread   Favorite Movies Thread Icon_minitimeMon Mar 24, 2008 10:19 am

BONNIE AND CLYDE

Bonnie and Clyde is a 1967 film about Bonnie Parker and Clyde Barrow, the bank robbers who roamed the central United States during the Great Depression. The film was directed by Arthur Penn, and starred Warren Beatty as Clyde Barrow and Faye Dunaway as Bonnie Parker. The screenplay was written by David Newman and Robert Benton. Robert Towne and Beatty have been listed as providing uncredited contributions to the script.

Bonnie and Clyde is considered a landmark film in cinema history: it is regarded as the first film of the New Hollywood era, in that it broke many taboos and was popular with the younger generation.

Bonnie and Clyde at Wikipedia

Back to top Go down
Miamivette
Dolphin Goddess
Dolphin Goddess

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Movies Thread   Favorite Movies Thread Icon_minitimeTue Mar 25, 2008 7:50 am

My all time favorite is PULP FICTION.
My traditional Christmas Eve movie is LETHAL WEAPON 1
Easter is RUDY
One I love and am embarrassed to admit is LEGALLY BLONDE

I hate chick flicks and love stories, never even saw TITANIC

Scarface is a classic I agree
Back to top Go down
YoungstownRenegade
YoungstownRenegade

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Movies Thread   Favorite Movies Thread Icon_minitimeTue Mar 25, 2008 11:41 am

I AM LEGEND

I Am Legend is a 2007 post-apocalyptic science fiction horror film directed by Francis Lawrence and starring Will Smith. It is the third feature film adaptation of Richard Matheson's 1954 novel of the same name, following 1964's The Last Man on Earth and 1971's The Omega Man.[1] Smith plays virologist Robert Neville, who thinks he may be Earth's only surviving human not affected by a vicious man-made virus. He works to create a cure while living in a city inhabited by mutant victims of the airborne virus.

Warner Bros. Pictures began developing I Am Legend in 1994, and various actors and directors were attached to the project, though production was delayed due to budgetary concerns related to the script. Production began in 2006 in New York City, filming mainly on location in the city, including a $5 million scene[2] at the Brooklyn Bridge, the most expensive scene ever filmed in the city at the time. Warner Bros. launched a tie-in comic and an online multiplayer game on Second Life as part of its marketing campaign. I Am Legend was released on December 14, 2007 in the United States. It opened to the largest ever box office for a non-Christmas film released in the U.S. during December. The film's success "cemented [Smith's] standing as the number one box office draw in Hollywood.

I Am Legend at Wikipedia

Just bought this....this is the kind of movie that stays with you for a long time....great movie..
Back to top Go down
YoungstownRenegade
YoungstownRenegade

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Movies Thread   Favorite Movies Thread Icon_minitimeTue Mar 25, 2008 11:46 am

THE BUTTERFLY EFFECT

The Butterfly Effect is a 2004 American fantasy/drama movie starring Ashton Kutcher, Amy Smart, Eric Stoltz, and others, distributed by New Line Cinema. The title is a reference to the butterfly effect, which theorizes that a change in something seemingly innocuous, such as a flap of a butterfly's wings, may cause unexpected larger changes in the future, such as a tornado. The Butterfly Effect is directed and written by Eric Bress and J. Mackye Gruber.

The movie was followed by a largely unrelated direct-to-DVD sequel, The Butterfly Effect 2.

The Butterfly Effect at Wikipedia

Back to top Go down
YoungstownRenegade
YoungstownRenegade

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Movies Thread   Favorite Movies Thread Icon_minitimeTue Mar 25, 2008 11:49 am

ROB ZOMBIE'S HALLOWEEN

Halloween is a 2007 reimagining of the 1978 slasher film of the same name. The film was written, produced, and directed by Rob Zombie. The film stars Malcolm McDowell as Dr. Sam Loomis, Tyler Mane as the adult Michael Myers, and Scout Taylor-Compton as Laurie Strode; Daeg Faerch portrays a ten year old Michael Myers. Rob Zombie's "reimagining" follows the premise of Carpenter's original, with Michael Myers stalking Laurie Strode and her friends on Halloween night. Zombie's film goes deeper into the character's psyche, trying to answer the question of what drove him to kill people, whereas in Carpenter's original film Michael did not have an explicit reason for killing.

Working from Carpenter's advice to "make [the film] his own",[2] Zombie chose to develop the film as both a prequel and a remake, allowing for more original content than simply refilming the same scenes. Despite mixed reviews, the film, which cost $15 million to make,[1] went on to gross $78 million worldwide.

Halloween at Wikipedia

Back to top Go down
Worx4Me
Something Sassy
Something Sassy

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Movies Thread   Favorite Movies Thread Icon_minitimeThu Mar 27, 2008 8:14 am

Million Dollar Baby
Miracle
Remember the Titans
Ladder 49
Back to top Go down
RipperEagle
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Movies Thread   Favorite Movies Thread Icon_minitimeMon Mar 31, 2008 12:03 am

Rambo baby!

The new one is good, but I liked the older ones better!

One of the trailers for the one that came out on 1-25-08
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/RipperEagle96?feature=mhee
RipperEagle
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Movies Thread   Favorite Movies Thread Icon_minitimeMon Mar 31, 2008 12:07 am

American Psycho

"American Psycho takes place in Manhattan during the late 1980s. Patrick Bateman (Christian Bale) is a 27 year old investment banker. He narrates his upper-class daily life, and then turns to his darker side of rape, torture, and murder by night.

Patrick grew up with a wealthy background. He graduated from Harvard, and Harvard Business School. Patrick is the vice president at the Wall Street investment bank, Pierce & Pierce, owned by his father. His activities involve: renting/returning videos, attending classy restaurants, parties with his colleagues, and visiting night clubs.

Patrick's personal life consists of various affairs around his fiancée Evelyn (Reese Witherspoon). Patrick prides himself on his physical appearance, and trying to outclass his colleagues. He is aware of his psychopathic nature and tries to hint this to others, but he is misunderstood, and ignored. Patrick is visited by Detective Donald Kimball (Willem Dafoe), who is investigating the "disappearance" of Paul Allen (Jared Leto)."
Back to top Go down
YoungstownRenegade
YoungstownRenegade

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Movies Thread   Favorite Movies Thread Icon_minitimeMon Mar 31, 2008 9:00 am

RipperEagle wrote:

American Psycho

"American Psycho takes place in Manhattan during the late 1980s. Patrick Bateman (Christian Bale) is a 27 year old investment banker. He narrates his upper-class daily life, and then turns to his darker side of rape, torture, and murder by night.

Patrick grew up with a wealthy background. He graduated from Harvard, and Harvard Business School. Patrick is the vice president at the Wall Street investment bank, Pierce & Pierce, owned by his father. His activities involve: renting/returning videos, attending classy restaurants, parties with his colleagues, and visiting night clubs.

Patrick's personal life consists of various affairs around his fiancée Evelyn (Reese Witherspoon). Patrick prides himself on his physical appearance, and trying to outclass his colleagues. He is aware of his psychopathic nature and tries to hint this to others, but he is misunderstood, and ignored. Patrick is visited by Detective Donald Kimball (Willem Dafoe), who is investigating the "disappearance" of Paul Allen (Jared Leto)."

I love this movie....it's a thinker and I enjoy em that way most of the time...great horror/suspense move...
Back to top Go down
yankeeboy1046
yankeeboy1046

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Movies Thread   Favorite Movies Thread Icon_minitimeMon Mar 31, 2008 3:15 pm

Worx4Me wrote:
Million Dollar Baby
Miracle
Remember the Titans
Ladder 49

All great movies Worx.
Back to top Go down
http://www.eaglesbleedgreen.com
yankeeboy1046
yankeeboy1046

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Movies Thread   Favorite Movies Thread Icon_minitimeMon Mar 31, 2008 3:16 pm

Mine:

SWAT..... NAVY SEALS..... Armageddon........ Die Hard trilogy......... Lord of the Rings Trilogy.
Back to top Go down
http://www.eaglesbleedgreen.com
RipperEagle
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Movies Thread   Favorite Movies Thread Icon_minitimeMon Mar 31, 2008 9:45 pm

YoungstownRenegade wrote:
I love this movie....it's a thinker and I enjoy em that way most of the time...great horror/suspense move...

I never saw it on release.

I was told about it a few years ago and I decided to rent it and I loved it!
Back to top Go down
metrocop0826
The Mighty Testacles
The Mighty Testacles
metrocop0826

PostSubject: Black Hawk Down   Favorite Movies Thread Icon_minitimeThu Apr 10, 2008 10:10 am

I absolutely love this movie. I have friends that are Army Rangers and a few in Special Forces from my tour in Iraq. These guys define the term Hero.

Back to top Go down
metrocop0826
The Mighty Testacles
The Mighty Testacles
metrocop0826

PostSubject: Batman Begins   Favorite Movies Thread Icon_minitimeThu Apr 10, 2008 10:29 am

Finally a good Batman movie. This one follows the comic book closely about the beginning of the Dark Knight. Can't wait to see the sequel this summer.

Back to top Go down
metrocop0826
The Mighty Testacles
The Mighty Testacles
metrocop0826

PostSubject: Transformers   Favorite Movies Thread Icon_minitimeThu Apr 10, 2008 10:38 am

I was skeptical of this movie at first but after I saw it....I kicks major ass. The sequel is in the works from what I understand. If you haven't seen it transformers fans...please watch it. It does the cartoon its justice and then some.

Back to top Go down
Worx4Me
Something Sassy
Something Sassy

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Movies Thread   Favorite Movies Thread Icon_minitimeFri Apr 10, 2009 11:16 am

metrocop0826 wrote:
I absolutely love this movie. I have friends that are Army Rangers and a few in Special Forces from my tour in Iraq. These guys define the term Hero.

One of my favorites.
Back to top Go down
RipperEagle
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Movies Thread   Favorite Movies Thread Icon_minitimeSat Apr 11, 2009 1:06 am

Good call Metro! Batman Begins was AWESOME!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Movies Thread   Favorite Movies Thread Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Favorite Movies Thread
Page 1 of 1