Youngstown Renegade's Uncensored Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Youngstown Renegade's Uncensored Forum

Sports, movies, politics, music, and so much more

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The Strangers (Horror)

Go down 
AuthorMessage
YoungstownRenegade
Live Wild Die Proud:Renegade 4 Life
YoungstownRenegade

The Strangers (Horror) Empty
PostSubject: The Strangers (Horror)   The Strangers (Horror) Icon_minitimeTue Jan 13, 2009 12:24 pm

The Strangers (Horror) Poster_strangers_busstop_poster

Last edited by YoungstownRenegade on Fri Jan 23, 2009 9:32 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1666897023
YoungstownRenegade
YoungstownRenegade

PostSubject: Re: The Strangers (Horror)   The Strangers (Horror) Icon_minitimeTue Jan 13, 2009 12:27 pm

Back to top Go down
YoungstownRenegade
YoungstownRenegade

PostSubject: Re: The Strangers (Horror)   The Strangers (Horror) Icon_minitimeWed Jan 14, 2009 11:32 am

THE STRANGERS MOVIE REVIEW
by YoungstownRenegade
A+

Ok, let me start of first by saying that this movie earned it's A+ in so many more ways than one....The movie used every scare tactic that a horror movie can use and messed with em till every one was perfect.....Hell, they even invented a few new scares if ya ask me...Probably the best scare tactic used in The Strangers was through the use of music....No I'm not talking about the background dramatic music that every horror film from Friday the 13th to Halloween to the fucking cheesy B Horror movies uses....I'm talking about the fact that in this vacation home that the two main characters are staying in, there is an old fashioned 70's style record player and the song being played is My First Lover by Gillian Welch which starts skipping at the line "Quicksilver Girl" and it just sounds terrfying.....there is another scene where the record player isn't playing and the main character is not the room and the record player turns on....Then you add in all the noises that pop up around the house out of nowhere throughout and the emphasis on little things around the house moving, disappearing, reappearing...and by far the creeppiest part of the whole movie, the knocks on the door at 2 or so in the morning followed by the monotone female voice asking for a person who may not even exist, but surly isn't staying in that house.....Take it from someone who's had the knock at the door in the middle of the night from someone who shouldn't be there.....even if it turns out to be nothing....it's one of the scariest things in the world...They also use the classic look out the window nothings there, look down, look back up a stranger is staring at you, but somehow when they do it in this movie is so much scarier than any other movie....Now don't get me wrong, this movie is not perfect but it's pretty damn close...this is one movie that would've been better had they said fuck the running time and made this bad boy 2 and a half hours or so....I was fucking on pins and needles for the hour and half or so that it did run.....2 and a half would have been nightmarish in a good way.....This is one movie where discussing further any particular scenes in the movie will just ruin it for you.....I mean I could black out spoilers but with a movie like this, it's hard to even think what may be considered spoilers....so I'll leave this review right here and say in closing that if you like to be scared and the only reason you don't watch horror movies is because they aren't scary, well, here comes the savior....this is NOT a slasher movie with a huge body count...there are some pretty greusome scenes but the majority of this movie is all mind games...the killers basiclly like to play with their food before they eat it....they like they're victims to be utterly terrified before they swoop in for the kill....they seem to get so much more pleasure out of terrifying people than the actual moment of the kill....one final note...I found the ending to be quite awesome, some of the ending made me go....oooookaaayyyy....but there is one scene at the end that I thought was just fucking AWESOME.....Yea, some people will think this movie has no business getting an A+ but this movie was the first horror movie EVER to scare me and I've seen a lot....I've been startled and sometimes grossed out but never scared till now.....think about it...

SPOILER ALERT
The scene is after they kill the couple they are seen driving away and the one killer says to the one who must be her first murder, she says something like "Don't worry, next time will be easier." That's awesome but even more awesome is the scene right after it when the 3 killers stop next to those young mormon kids going door to door with religeous pamphlets and one of the female killers asks the kid if she can have one and the young boy asks her "Are you a sinner?" to which she simply replies with ZERO emotion..."Sometimes." IMO that scene was just fucking creepy as hell and fucking brilliant....

So that's my review for The Strangers......enjoy and feel free to discuss of ask questions about the movie....

Last edited by YoungstownRenegade on Mon Jan 19, 2009 12:24 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
YoungstownRenegade
YoungstownRenegade

PostSubject: Re: The Strangers (Horror)   The Strangers (Horror) Icon_minitimeThu Jan 15, 2009 9:16 pm

Just got done watching this movie again and was reminded how fucking awesome it was....every sound now has me on edge....mission accomplished......HELL YEA
Back to top Go down
YoungstownRenegade
YoungstownRenegade

PostSubject: Re: The Strangers (Horror)   The Strangers (Horror) Icon_minitimeFri Jan 16, 2009 10:46 am

Well, it's morning now and I must say I slept shitty....I have noisy fuckin neighbors and every sound had my ass on edge....I woke up in the middle of the night to use the bathroom, 4 AM, just like in the damn movie and I heard a loud pound on a door, just like in the damn movie, was it my imagination, hell no....but it was probably just someone pounding on the door across the hall from ours...

My point....more proof that this movie delivers what it's supposed to...I've seen this movie before and it was just as scary the 2nd time as it was the 1st....there's more proof....I LOVE THIS MOVIE, yet I've had it since the day it was released on DVD and have only watched it twice.......need more proof.....I'll give it to ya.....this movie deserves a damn award....
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Strangers (Horror)   The Strangers (Horror) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Strangers (Horror)
Page 1 of 1